Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Alice Springs Final Day

No photos today.
Today was the end of Prue’s part of Walker’s Walkabout. Late morning she flew from Alice Springs on a direct flight to Melbourne where she has gone to Sale, where Malcolm and his family live. Malcolm was able to pick her up.
Anyway, earlier in the morning Prue did some washing before she left and it also gives me clean sheets for a while. After she had hung the washing out, we went into town as we had to get a document faxed away in the NAB bank. That meant we had to have a coffee and a muffin. While waiting, we spoke to a couple who had just come from Boulia, in western Queensland, across the Plenty Highway. They informed me that it is not in such good condition. No doubt I will find out over the next few days.
Back to the Caravan Park and Prue finalised her packing and I stowed unneeded items into the back of the Bravo.
Then it was time to get to the airport where Prue found they were calling her so a rushed goodbye.
I then went back into town to get the last items I may need before I travel across the Plenty Highway. One never knows what may be needed but I settled for some nibbles that hopefully will see me a long way down the track. I also bought several books as I may be able to do some reading while at Birdsville.
Then back to the Caravan Park and a rest before demolishing the awning and packing it all away. Then a very quiet alcohol free dinner!

Quote of the week
Stay busy, get plenty of exercise, and don't drink too much. Then again, don't drink too little.
- Herman Smith-Johannsen (sounds like me)

There will be no blog updates for several days but could be as long as the 10th September due to there being little to no internet connection.

No comments:

Post a Comment