Friday, August 21, 2009

Alice Springs

No photos today.
This morning I did not rise too early as it was my birthday! Prue cooked a nice omeltte for me. Then I did a bike ride into Alice Springs along the dry Todd River. It is so nice early in the morning especially after yesterday was around 34 degrees. No bad for winter!!
I returned from my ride after going through the town CBD and getting a bit of an idea where various places were located. Prue made a nice cappucino after she had done some early washing.
After that we went into Alice Springs to purchase various items to resupply for the trip I will be doing on my own to Birdsville. Top of my list were some more shorts as it is too warm to wear jeans during the day.
We retuned from town with a heap of groceries and they were located where there is some chance I may find them when required.
A bit a a rest then Russell and Julie called inviting me to go to town for a nice cappucino and cake for my birthday. So we all went into the Todd Mall and into a nice coffee cafe. It is amazing how cosmopolitan this town is. Not only do you hear lots of aboriginal chatter but also a lot of European accents, too. They are a big and valuable resource to these communities.
On our return I set up the massage table as another couple we have made friends with, Rowan and Karen, asked if they could get a massage as they depart for the north tomorrow. I do not think I have drunk so much water as I did doing these massages. It is very drying here.
Later it was time for our evening drinks. Prue had been swimming in the pool with Russell and Julie and brought back some beers and alcoholic cider. So that was with nibbles. Then Prue put together a beautiful stir fry on our seldom used but wonderful wok.
After dinner, we walked down to the caravan park Kiosk and had an icecream and I also had another cappucino.
So ended a lovely day, especially having heard from my two sons, sister and niece by phone as well as numerous emails and messages on Facebook from friends from all over the world, including USA Gemany, South Africa, Lithuania, the UK and all over Australia. Thankyou all for making my day even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment